Skip to main content

movie trailer blog post

movie trailer blog post 

the project process

When we were assigned this project we were asked to pick a high school movie trailer and make one recreating it. My group and I decided to re create the breakfast club movie trailer. We thought it would be fairly easy because most of the video takes place in a school library and the rest in the school hallways. We had to plan out filming and planning days for the project which is something my group and I didn't do well on. The next step was to story board, we had to go through the whole movie trailer and describe and sketch out each frame. When it was finally time to film it was very close to spring break, we had two days of school left and we planned to film all of our footage in those days. Unfortunately we didn't get much done those days, the footage we did get had actors that dropped out so we couldn't't use any of it. When we came back from break we took around a couple of days to find more actors. The actors we found couldn't film during the day, they could only film after school. With my job being the videographer my job was to set up the camera correctly and film all of the shots.  Unfortunately I could never come after school because I had dance. My group stayed after school one of our filming days, so I couldn't do my job that day. Some days we ended up being able to film in the library and I was able to shoot. When the time came to edit my group and I were not ready. We were filming until the last second and I ended up coming during school to get my video edited. It was a struggle to get the videos on the server so the time was limited to edit.

what i learned 

I learned a few things during this project. I learned that project management is a very important part of video production. If you don't plan it out you will end up working until the last minute and not being happy with the finishing product. I also learned that team work is also very important. This was the first time I have ever done a project and all the members in the group don't want to work. It was hard to work through that but I ended up with a final product that I worked hard on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GU48Kvya0s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

self performance review

Self performance review Project 1 For one of my projects we were assigned to take ten pictures and then put then together to create a panorama. I chose to use pictures that I took of New York over spring break. The project took around a week to complete. I faced a few challenges with my design. It was hard to find somewhere to start because I had a lot goin on in my pictures. I found that the pictures I chose had a lot of buildings so I had to include some other pictures I took from the vacation so I would have a variety of pictures in my panorama. Doing this project I learned a lot about photoshop. With putting multiple pictures together you have to make sure they blend. I started to use the blend tool as I put certain pictures together. Sometimes the blend tool wouldn't work so I would use the clone stamp tool to take parts of a picture and put it on the picture next to it. I was told to so...

Maddy Samuelson Sidewalk chalk

On the first day we got our teams and started thinking of ideas that we could draw that would symbolize each one of us. But the symbols had to sort of have the same theme throughout the drawing. So we each came up with four ideas that we could use. Some were similar and some not at all. For my symbols I chose a red rose which means promise, a sun which I think means happy, a tree for nature, hearts for love, and an American flag for USA. To be similar we all tried to do nature related things but like I said before some were a little off topic. On day two our groups started sketching the things we wanted to draw on paper. Some things that people chose they didn't like anymore so they changes some symbols. What I did is I had a few symbols from the day before and I added some so that I could fill all of my space up. I We also had to decide how we were going to draw all of our symbols on the ground. We wanted to be able to tell that we all had different ideas so we divided our sq...

How to create and print a document

For this assignment we had to make a video about how to create and print a document in thirty seconds. We had two parts to this project. Part A was making a story board including sketches of where the scene would take place and what kind of shot we would be filming in. After we got that approved we took the I pad and took pictures using the main points that we had down on our storyboard. After those pictures were taken we made a google slides showing the pictures we took. We also had to list what type of shot it was and what the actor was doing in the shot. Part B was actually making the video.We used every spot that we had pictures of on our story board and google docs except made those shots into a video. So we had to show more of the transitioning which was mostly walking inbetween our shots. After filming day we uploaded our videos to the computers. We used Adobe premiere pro to put the videos together. We had to do a lot of trimming and adjusting the videos to get it thirty seco...