Skip to main content

self performance review


Self performance review

Project 1

For one of my projects we were assigned to take ten pictures and then put then together to create a panorama. I chose to use pictures that I took of New York over spring break. The project took around a week to complete. I faced a few challenges with my design. It was hard to find somewhere to start because I had a lot goin on in my pictures. I found that the pictures I chose had a lot of buildings so I had to include some other pictures I took from the vacation so I would have a variety of pictures in my panorama. Doing this project I learned a lot about photoshop. With putting multiple pictures together you have to make sure they blend. I started to use the blend tool as I put certain pictures together. Sometimes the blend tool wouldn't work so I would use the clone stamp tool to take parts of a picture and put it on the picture next to it. I was told to soften some of the sharp edges I had in my panorama, I could have added some smoother transitions. Going into this project I didn't really have a game plan so I didn't make any changes from my original idea. My overall all opinion on this project is great. I thought it was really fun to do and I learned a lot from it.

Project 2

For one of my projects we were assigned to follow step by step directions and create autumn icons. The project took around a week and a half. One thing that was challenging during this project was that I couldn't get the tools to work like the tools were used in the tutorial. I would have to get help or try to use other tools to make the picture look the same. I then learned how to overlap layers and change blending modes to put lines together. I wasn't really critiqued while doing this project just because it was a step by step tutorial so it was hard to mess up. I didn't make any changes to the original picture because we had to follow the tutorial. My original opinion on this project was pretty good. It was challenging at times but I learned a lot about illustrator by doing it.  



Project 3

For my third project we were assigned to make an infographic over any topic. I chose to make mine over what your favorite color says about you. This project took much longer than the others did. We have been woking on it since the beginning of November and just finished by the end of the semester. The first challenge I face doing this project was thinking of a unique idea that I could use for my infographic. Another problem was thinking of graphics to make and put on my final project to fit with the layout. I learned a lot of things about research and layout by doing this project. I already knew a lot about illustrator by doing my past project. Some feedback I got when doing this project was to add more detail to my graphics. Unfortunately I ran out of time so I will try and add more detail after break. I did make a lot of changes while doing this project, some of my graphics wouldn't fit with the certain size we had to make.Overall I like doing this project. We spent a lot of time on it so I felt proud when I finished it.


Time in class

When I would finish my projects early I would try and fix any mistakes I had made while doing it. Or I would go back to previous projects and fix any corrections I could. Outside of school I will sometimes go on photoshop or illustrator and create things. When I don't feel like going on those programs I will try and put pictures together and make unique layouts on pic collage. 

Strengths 

One of my strengths as a graphic design student is that I am creative. I can think outside of the box and create unique things. I love to think of things that are different than what everyone else is doing. But I can also follow others directions. If someone gives me a correction or something to fix I will do it. 

Improvement
Something I can improve on is learning more about the programs photoshop and illustrator. Learning more about the programs will reflect on my work. I can also work on project management to make sure I can get my projects and blog posts turned in on time. 

Summary
The thing I loved most about this semester was working on my infographic. I loved being able to create something of my own. Something I would like to change is to go back and work more on my photoshop projects because I felt I could have done better on them. I learned a lot about graphic design this semester. We never used these programs like this freshman year. A goal I have for next semester is to learn even more about the two programs so my projects will look more advanced. I am very excited to work on more projects next semester. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

final blog

graphic design final reflection blog One of my favorite parts about graphic design was making the vector illustrator portrait. For this project we had to choose an image of ourselves, a family member, or a family pet. We then had to choose if we wanted to do an organic vector which is tracing the facial features on the objects face or a low poly geometric vector which is when you make lots of different and tiny triable on the subject. I chose to do the low poly geometric because I felt it would look better on my dog. It took me around two weeks to complete this project. I was gone towards the end of the first week, if I wasn't gone I most likely would have finished the project sooner. I faced a few challenges along the way. At the very beginning of the project I didn't know how big to make the triangles. I decided to do small triangles on my dogs features and bigger triangles on my dogs body. Another challenge I faced was having all of my triangles looking very similar whic

ab sequence

In this project we learned even more about using the six shots while filming. This video could be longer than the video we filmed for the creating a document, so we had a lot more time. Since we had more time we had to switch our angle of the shot more often. Because if you watched a video and all the shots were taken at the same angle it would be boring. In this project we had our character going all over the place where in the other one our character was only in the library. So we had more action in this video which was much more fun to film! When me and my other three partners were brainstorming and sketching for this project we had so many ideas that it was hard to narrow it down to one big idea! The first and biggest thing we had to figure out was where our characters would end up. Because we didn't want to be on one side of the school then have to find enough stopping points to get to the other side of the school and still have the viewer know where we were going.  We edi

movie trailer blog post

movie trailer blog post   the project process When we were assigned this project we were asked to pick a high school movie trailer and make one recreating it. My group and I decided to re create the breakfast club movie trailer. We thought it would be fairly easy because most of the video takes place in a school library and the rest in the school hallways. We had to plan out filming and planning days for the project which is something my group and I didn't do well on. The next step was to story board, we had to go through the whole movie trailer and describe and sketch out each frame. When it was finally time to film it was very close to spring break, we had two days of school left and we planned to film all of our footage in those days. Unfortunately we didn't get much done those days, the footage we did get had actors that dropped out so we couldn't't use any of it. When we came back from break we took around a couple of days to find more actors. The actors we