Skip to main content

final reflection


final reflection

The first semester of video productions was very enjoyable. We learned how to put clips together using premiere last year but this semester we learned lots of new things about premiere. We learned how to make different clips flow together and not look choppy. My favorite part was learning how to film and edit an interview. We learned techniques about setting up the interview, where and where not to film an interview, and where the audio levels need to be. We learned how to make a lower third and film voice overs. At the very end we got to put everything we had learned and film a sophomore edition of onw now, which is why I wanted to join e comm in the first place. 

This semester we learned lots of new things. One thing I though I did well was putting b roll over the interview. When we did our first feature story I was scared to edit it because I didn't know where to start. After watching a few examples I gotta better idea and went for it. I found that storyboarding really helped to make the video flow together. I found moments when the person I was interviewing would talk about something such as the crowd going wild and I was able to find b roll of everyone in the stands cheering at a band competition.

Something I can improve is tightening my edits. When I would present my video in class I would notice that I could have edited certain parts out. My video would be too long but when I was editing I thought I needed that certain part in it. I need to work on taking more clips out of my videos. 

To make sure I meet my goal of tightening my edits I will take more time editing. I found that I would take lots of days filming and less editing. So I wouldn't be able to make my video the best it could be. Having more days to edit will allow me to take my time on my video and get it to its full potential. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

self performance review

Self performance review Project 1 For one of my projects we were assigned to take ten pictures and then put then together to create a panorama. I chose to use pictures that I took of New York over spring break. The project took around a week to complete. I faced a few challenges with my design. It was hard to find somewhere to start because I had a lot goin on in my pictures. I found that the pictures I chose had a lot of buildings so I had to include some other pictures I took from the vacation so I would have a variety of pictures in my panorama. Doing this project I learned a lot about photoshop. With putting multiple pictures together you have to make sure they blend. I started to use the blend tool as I put certain pictures together. Sometimes the blend tool wouldn't work so I would use the clone stamp tool to take parts of a picture and put it on the picture next to it. I was told to so...

Maddy Samuelson Sidewalk chalk

On the first day we got our teams and started thinking of ideas that we could draw that would symbolize each one of us. But the symbols had to sort of have the same theme throughout the drawing. So we each came up with four ideas that we could use. Some were similar and some not at all. For my symbols I chose a red rose which means promise, a sun which I think means happy, a tree for nature, hearts for love, and an American flag for USA. To be similar we all tried to do nature related things but like I said before some were a little off topic. On day two our groups started sketching the things we wanted to draw on paper. Some things that people chose they didn't like anymore so they changes some symbols. What I did is I had a few symbols from the day before and I added some so that I could fill all of my space up. I We also had to decide how we were going to draw all of our symbols on the ground. We wanted to be able to tell that we all had different ideas so we divided our sq...

logo color schemes

      Logo Color Schemes   Analogous  This logo uses the analogous colors of green, lime green, and yellow. I think the company chose these colors because they want to show that they are more environmentally friendly than other gas stations. This logo uses the analogous colors of dark green and yellow. I think the company chose these colors because they want to show that they're is fresh. Complementary This logo uses the complementary colors of red and green. I think the company chose these colors because they are the colors of a chili pepper. This logo uses the complementary colors of orange and blue. I think the company chose these colors because the drink is orange flavored. Warm This logo uses the warm colors of red and yellow. I think the company chose these colors because of there yellow fries and red portraits that they serve hot food. This logo uses the warm colors of red and yellow. I thi...