Skip to main content

typography

Typography 

Pre-Production

Finding quotes for this project was fairly easy. I have the Pinterest app and look at quotes daily. I was very excited when I found out we were doing this project because I love quotes. The hardest part was only being able to pick four quotes because I like too many. I spent around two days looking on Pinterest and safari narrowing down which quotes to use. The next step was to choose fonts for all of the quotes, I went on da font.com to find them. I wanted simple fonts for most of my quotes and fancier more complex fonts for the more important words in the quote.

Production

Working on illustrator was easier now that we have done many projects on and it is later in the year. The only tricky part about putting the quotes together on illustrator was figuring out where to put the certain words in the quote. For some of the quotes I wanted the focus to be on the fonts so I didn't want to do too much with the formation of the words. Working without color was easier than working with color. For me picking colors was like picking fonts. It took a long time and it was hard to find multiple colors that went good together. While working with black and white I only had to focus on the font and the layout.

Post-Production    

I think that my final products turned out really well. I love all of the quotes that I ended up choosing to use. I also think that I did a good job of having the important words of the quote pop out more than the other words in the quote.  I also think that the colors that I used compliment each other very well. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

self performance review

Self performance review Project 1 For one of my projects we were assigned to take ten pictures and then put then together to create a panorama. I chose to use pictures that I took of New York over spring break. The project took around a week to complete. I faced a few challenges with my design. It was hard to find somewhere to start because I had a lot goin on in my pictures. I found that the pictures I chose had a lot of buildings so I had to include some other pictures I took from the vacation so I would have a variety of pictures in my panorama. Doing this project I learned a lot about photoshop. With putting multiple pictures together you have to make sure they blend. I started to use the blend tool as I put certain pictures together. Sometimes the blend tool wouldn't work so I would use the clone stamp tool to take parts of a picture and put it on the picture next to it. I was told to so...

How to create and print a document

For this assignment we had to make a video about how to create and print a document in thirty seconds. We had two parts to this project. Part A was making a story board including sketches of where the scene would take place and what kind of shot we would be filming in. After we got that approved we took the I pad and took pictures using the main points that we had down on our storyboard. After those pictures were taken we made a google slides showing the pictures we took. We also had to list what type of shot it was and what the actor was doing in the shot. Part B was actually making the video.We used every spot that we had pictures of on our story board and google docs except made those shots into a video. So we had to show more of the transitioning which was mostly walking inbetween our shots. After filming day we uploaded our videos to the computers. We used Adobe premiere pro to put the videos together. We had to do a lot of trimming and adjusting the videos to get it thirty seco...

Maddy Samuelson Sidewalk chalk

On the first day we got our teams and started thinking of ideas that we could draw that would symbolize each one of us. But the symbols had to sort of have the same theme throughout the drawing. So we each came up with four ideas that we could use. Some were similar and some not at all. For my symbols I chose a red rose which means promise, a sun which I think means happy, a tree for nature, hearts for love, and an American flag for USA. To be similar we all tried to do nature related things but like I said before some were a little off topic. On day two our groups started sketching the things we wanted to draw on paper. Some things that people chose they didn't like anymore so they changes some symbols. What I did is I had a few symbols from the day before and I added some so that I could fill all of my space up. I We also had to decide how we were going to draw all of our symbols on the ground. We wanted to be able to tell that we all had different ideas so we divided our sq...